Friday, July 28, 2006

 

Naughty, Naughty Girls

Permanent Damage - The GTO's


I'd love to be able to say that this record is as catchy as a herpes lesion, but this is not really the case. In fact, this record is a chore to try to listen to all the way through. The joke gets pretty old.

For those of you not familiar with this record, it is by a group of famous groupies from LA. Frank Zappa either thought it would be a laff riot, or thought he could get some righteous booty for putting them out on his label. I sure hope it was the booty.

This alternates between inside jokes and pretty grating folk-rocky musical numbers. The joke spoken word segments can be OK in small doses. They are the reason to give this a spin or two.

If all of this sounds like I don't like this album, compared to the other Bizarre and Straight releases, I don't. At least I'm not crazy about it. Still, this is pretty highly sought after, and I felt like some of you might like to hear it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/27387945/GTO_s.rar.html

Comments:
wow, no comments yet? well, let me be the first. i remember first hearing "The Captain's Fat Theresa Shoes" in my teens on a Warner Bros LossLeader called 'The Big Ball'; cute & catchy to me, but unbearable to everyone else i played it for. thanks for posting it, always wanted to hear more of this one.
 
Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
» » »
 
best regards, nice info » » »
 
Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?