Sunday, September 24, 2006

 

I own this, but I can't exactly say why

Milford Graves Percussion Ensemble

This is posted by request from a loyal reader. As such, I'll be kind to it. I have owned this for a while, and still probably haven't been through it end to end in a single sitting. Frankly, I find it a bit of a chore, but I usually do with drummer-led sessions.

I'm sure I got this because it was referenced somewhere as a real good one. So someone must like it. I was thinking this was a Nurse With Wound one, but I guess not.

This is a duet for percussion between Milford and Sunny Murray. These guys play on a lot of stuff I really dig, but that's the best I can say for it.

I like this ESP-disk stuff precisely because it is not for everybody. I've particularly enjoyed a bit of debate over the merits or lack thereof of the Godz. That kind of discussion of good records is the reason for the site. The next ESP will be another one that I'm sitting on the fence about to keep the debate moving. Then, more Godz.

http://rapidshare.de/files/34349643/Milford_Graves_Percussion_Ensemble.rar.html

Comments:
1000000000 thanx !!! can't wait to listen to it !
Ptrsh
 
Maybe some of you cats would enjoy this?

http://rapidshare.de/files/32725800/New_York_Art_Quartet_-_Mohawk.rar.html

New York Art Quartet: Mohawk
Fontana 195J 21 [LP]

1. Rufus 3rd
2. Mohawk
3. Banging On The White House Door
4. Everything Happens To Me
5. Quintus T.
6. Sweet V.

Milford Graves, drums /John Tchicai, alto / Roswell Rudd, trombone /Reggie Workman, bass

Rec.1965
it may have been out on CD in Japan or somewhere, but this is a first-time rip from my LP copy, sorry it's only @128...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?